The Lower St James’s Street HAZ provides a unique opportunity with investment into the built environment, combined with community engagement to enhance the streetscape, reduce building vacancies and increase visitors to the area.
The Burnley HAZ Scheme will include physical aspects such as building on the areas existing assets, physical works, street furniture/signage and improved traffic flow and access, as well as creating new creative spaces, creating an Empire Theatre vision, Community engagement and a Cultural programme.
We are consistently improving our service and working towards bigger and better events. We’d really appreciate it if you could use our survey and let us know what you wish to see here.
- Special ShoesStep into nostalgia and share your shoe stories with us! Whether it’s the sneakers you wore on your first date, Read more>>
- 156 Lower St James Street – Works CompleteThe scaffold is down and we reveal another restored building at 156 Lower St James Street delivered as part of Read more>>
- Heritage Trail – Coming soon!Have you ever noticed when you LOOK UP at buildings you find heritage details and features you have never seen Read more>>
- H Smith – Hidden Secrets of the PastWhilst stripping out a shopfront at 156 St James Street we have come across an old painted sign name is Read more>>
- Voices of the Counter CultureOn Saturday 24th June, we saw the official launch of the wonderful Fiona Hornby’s – Voices of the Counter Culture Read more>>